Cambridge English: Business Vantage Overview
Level B2 of the CEFR What should a learner at this level be able to do?
Cambridge English: Business Certificates (BEC) is a suite of three qualifications - Cambridge English: Business Preliminary, Business Vantage, and Business Higher - designed to test English language ability used in the context of business. They are suitable for adults who are either preparing for a career in business or already in work. The exams cover the same range of language skills as Cambridge's General English exams, but with the emphasis on activities that are common in business.
Cambridge English: Business Certificates is available in a computer-based format as well as paper-based tests. Candidates taking the computer-based version take the Reading, Writing and Listening parts of the test on screen. The face-to-face Speaking test is the same for both the computer-based and paper-based versions of Cambridge English: Business Certificates.
|Reading||5 parts/45 questions||1 hour||25%|
|Writing||2 Writing tasks||45 minutes||25%|
|Listening||3 parts/30 questions||40 minutes (approx. including time for the transfer of answers)||25%|
|Speaking||3 parts||14 minutes||25%|
All materials which relate to this exam:
- Cambridge English: Business Certificates (BEC) Handbook (PDF, 3.3 Mb)
- BEC Vantage Reading Answer Sheet (PDF, 80 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Listening Sample Paper (PDF, 140 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Listening Part 1 Recording (MP3, 5.2 Mb)
- BEC Vantage Listening Part 2 Recording (MP3, 6.4 Mb)
- BEC Vantage Listening Part 3 Recording (MP3, 4.9 Mb)
- BEC Vantage Reading Sample Paper (PDF, 194 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Writing Sample Paper (PDF, 95 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Exam Report May 2005 (PDF, 327 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Exam Report May 2006 (PDF, 442 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Exam Report May 2007 (PDF, 308 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Exam Report May 2008 (PDF, 332 Kb)
- BEC Vantange Exam Report May 2009 (PDF, 120 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Exam Report May 2010 (PDF, 341 Kb)
- BEC Vantage Exam Report 2011 (PDF, 185 Kb)
Example Lesson Plans from Resources Section
- Overview of BEC V Listening paper (PDF, 70 Kb)
- Overview of BEC V Reading paper (PDF, 82 Kb)
- Overview of BEC V Speaking paper (PDF, 52 Kb)
- Overview of BEC V Writing paper (PDF, 96 Kb)
Official printed and digital resources
Cambridge English produce a huge range of official printed and digital resources to help teachers prepare students for their exam.
Find out more.
Most of these documents are in PDF format - you will need Adobe Reader to open them. Download Adobe Reader free from the Adobe website.